Swiss avalanche deaths are up this season. Significantly more people have been killed than the latest 20-year average. The majority of victims were off-piste skiers or snowboarders. The grim statistics come in a report by the Swiss Institute for Snow & Avalanche Research (SLF) and cover the period from 1st October 2020 to 30th March 2021.
- Avalanche fences at the Canyons are being installed despite opposition
- Alaska avalanche survivor meets and thanks Arctic Guardian rescue team
- Mount Everest avalanche almost hits climbers near Camp 2
- Avalanche trapped bikers on Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier Park
- Aleutian Avalanche blasts 3 climbers down Mt Neacola