A Seward Highway avalanche closed the road for much of the day Friday. It was between Bird Creek and the Portage turnoff. The avalanche severed the only road access between Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula for more than eight hours.
- Forest Service Avalanche Center would not exist without donations
- Above average Sierra snowpack prompts avalanche awareness
- Inbounds Avalanche – Search Finds Nobody
- New Essential Reading for Winter Recreation: Fatal Avalanches in the US, 2021-2022
- A Provo Canyon Avalanche creates ‘dangerous conditions’