The high pressure over Utah is finally breaking down and snow showers are expected this weekend. While that’s good news for the ski resorts, the conditions in the backcountry will become dangerous – even deadly conditions could exist.
- Forest Service Avalanche Center would not exist without donations
- Above average Sierra snowpack prompts avalanche awareness
- Inbounds Avalanche – Search Finds Nobody
- New Essential Reading for Winter Recreation: Fatal Avalanches in the US, 2021-2022
- A Provo Canyon Avalanche creates ‘dangerous conditions’