Nearly 40% of the people caught in an avalanche last season had taken a traditional style formal Level 1 avalanche class. About 70% had intermediate or advanced avalanche training. This mirrors previous research.
- Tahoe Avalanches: “Stupid Mistakes?” as people trigger slides
- Avalanche defendants suffer motion dismissal in court
- Elk Survived an Avalanche after fortuitous rescue by an observer
- Avalanche bombing deployed from the sky help rescuers on the ground
- Park City Mountain restricts backcountry access due to avalanche