Nearly 40% of the people caught in an avalanche last season had taken a traditional style formal Level 1 avalanche class. About 70% had intermediate or advanced avalanche training. This mirrors previous research.
- Avalanche fences at the Canyons are being installed despite opposition
- Alaska avalanche survivor meets and thanks Arctic Guardian rescue team
- Mount Everest avalanche almost hits climbers near Camp 2
- Avalanche trapped bikers on Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier Park
- Aleutian Avalanche blasts 3 climbers down Mt Neacola