The members of the Military Emergency Unit found on Saturday morning the body of the second operator of a snowplow machine who disappeared after an avalanche on New Year’s Day in the port of San Isidro, which separates Asturias from León, according to reported by Cadena SER. The corpse of his partner was found on Friday night by a team of Asturian firefighters. The avalanche occurred in a mountain road in the council of Aller (Asturias) on the afternoon of January 1 and has led the Principality to activate level 2 of the regional emergency plan and request the help of the Military Emergency Unit (UME). A 46-year-old man who was circulating in the area was also injured, with his leg and several broken ribs, and had to be helped by some residents of the area who came when they learned of the accident.
- Avalanche fences at the Canyons are being installed despite opposition
- Alaska avalanche survivor meets and thanks Arctic Guardian rescue team
- Mount Everest avalanche almost hits climbers near Camp 2
- Avalanche trapped bikers on Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier Park
- Aleutian Avalanche blasts 3 climbers down Mt Neacola