A large, remotely triggered Hatcher Pass avalanche covered the road around 12 p.m. on Friday. Hatcher Pass Avalanche Center posted photos of the avalanche. They said that the road would likely be closed at the Gold Mint parking lot. The avalanche did not involve any people.
- Avalanche fences at the Canyons are being installed despite opposition
- Alaska avalanche survivor meets and thanks Arctic Guardian rescue team
- Mount Everest avalanche almost hits climbers near Camp 2
- Avalanche trapped bikers on Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier Park
- Aleutian Avalanche blasts 3 climbers down Mt Neacola