WSDOT announced the closure Monday as snow has filled the avalanche chutes that line the highway, which pose a safety risk for drivers and road crews. The seasonal avalanche closure currently begins at the Ross Dam Trailhead on the west side and Silver Star Gate 37 miles away on the east side.
- Forest Service Avalanche Center would not exist without donations
- Above average Sierra snowpack prompts avalanche awareness
- Inbounds Avalanche – Search Finds Nobody
- New Essential Reading for Winter Recreation: Fatal Avalanches in the US, 2021-2022
- A Provo Canyon Avalanche creates ‘dangerous conditions’