WSDOT announced the closure Monday as snow has filled the avalanche chutes that line the highway, which pose a safety risk for drivers and road crews. The seasonal avalanche closure currently begins at the Ross Dam Trailhead on the west side and Silver Star Gate 37 miles away on the east side.
- Tahoe Avalanches: “Stupid Mistakes?” as people trigger slides
- Avalanche defendants suffer motion dismissal in court
- Elk Survived an Avalanche after fortuitous rescue by an observer
- Avalanche bombing deployed from the sky help rescuers on the ground
- Park City Mountain restricts backcountry access due to avalanche